About This Project
- Converting a turn of the century (1900) apartment building into a 9 unit B&B. The client had started working without a designer, and only a contractor. Half way through the first two units, they realized they needed help. So, I was called in to see if I could achieve the results they were looking for. There were 4 units to renovate at this point, and two were mid reno.
- They wanted a spacious 2 bedroom that could sleep six guests, washer/dryer and full kitchen and beautiful bathroom.
- Turn key service
- Its always a challenge coming into a project once it has already started. However, I love a good challenge. In the two apartments that were pretty much on the way to completion, I harmonized the final finishes (tile, paint and lighting) with the built in cabinetry that was already chosen. Appliances, furniture and art finished it beautiful. I also had to design just the right bedroom furniture to fit the spaces that were available.
- For the two units not designed yet, I created a functional design, and reduced the size of the kitchen to maximize to livingroom area. I ensured the bedrooms in these apartments were large enough to be more comfortable.
- For the additional sleeping, we went with a great quality sofa bed from Simmons, to ensure a good rest for the guests.
- We encouraged the client to add artwork. It really adds life and warmth to the apartments
- Added LED spots and a beautiful suspended light in the entry hall.
- We kept some of the original crown mouldings and highlighted the high ceilings and used fixtures and tiles to give this place a high end look.
“Rosalie did a wonderful job on our B&B. She also designed our front walk, facade and lobby. Its very elegant. The guests really enjoy staying here.” -I.Weiss